Friday, October 14, 2011

Welcome to the Morbid Reich - Vader

If there is one band that consistently kicks all poseurs in the nads it would have to be Vader. Vader make up one part of the dynamic duo that is Polish metal; the other part of course being the blackened death metal band Behemoth. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Death and I pray to Chuck Schuldiner but Vader is my favorite death metal band. They always incorporate other genres of metal into their sound but without sounding like a hybrid. I can clearly hear elements of thrash but it still sounds like pure death metal. On this album I can hear a lot of melodic death metal, maybe they were listening to a lot of At the Gates in the studio. But this album still sounds like a purely straightforward death metal album. And it still has that trademark Vader sound to it.
I was hesitant going into this album since their last release, Necropolis, didn’t quite amaze me. But when I first listened to this album I was amazed. It sounds a lot like Litany, which is certainly their best album. The thing is I’m still not sure where to place this album. It definitely makes it into the top five and maybe even the top three.
The best song on here is probably "I Am Who Feasts Upon Your Soul". This is probably where the melodic death metal influences are most noticeable. This album is really well rounded out. Vader really sounds like Vader, not that they ever really diverted from their sound but this album just brings it all back down to earth. Here’s to them making more albums, cause we all know death metal needs it. I’m looking at you Morbid Angel.

I Am Who Feasts Upon Your Soul

Return to the Morbid Reich

No comments:

Post a Comment